|Abstract Submission Guidelines|
ARO Abstract Submission Guidelines
On August 15th, the ARO MidWinter Meeting electronic abstract submission site will open. To be considered for presentation at the MidWinter Meeting, all abstracts must be completed and submitted no later than September 15, Midnight Eastern Standard Time.
1. There is no limit on the number of first-authored contributed abstract submissions from each person or lab. Each person can be a co-author on more than one abstract.
2. Abstract submissions are not required to be sponsored by a member. This policy is different than in previous years.
3. Each abstract submission will require a submission fee. As an ARO member benefit, current members will pay $30.00 per submission, whether they are first author or co-author. Non-members will pay $120.00 per submission. If during the submission process a non-member chooses to join ARO, the submission fee will be reduced to $30.00.
There is no cost to withdraw an abstract; however there will be no refund of the fee after the abstract has been successfully submitted.
A payment receipt will automatically be generated after the submission is finalized (scroll to the bottom of the final page).
4. When submitting an abstract there are two options:
(a) Copy and paste the text of the abstract in the indicated text box on the submission site into– do not include title or author names in this section the system will automatically include that information as part of your abstract.
(b) Use the file upload feature for abstract submission; the system will only accept Word or PDF files.
5. Abstracts involving research presentations should include an overview on the research background, methods, results, and conclusions.
5. Graphics and tables will be uploaded on Supporting Files page.
6. The maximum word limit per abstract is 400 words. This count does not include the title, graphs/images, or tables. Please use Title Case, which is Initial Caps on All Significant Words. DO NOT type the title in ALL UPPERCASE.
7. Following successful submission of an abstract, you will be able to edit any of the fields until the September 15 deadline. As the submitter you have the option to send an email to each of your co-authors to check their information, please do so as edits will be NOT allowed past the September 15 deadline
Questions regarding the submission process or the 2017 ARO MidWinter Meeting, please contact the ARO Meetings Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-423-0041, option 1.